And we’re back to the cricket. I apologise for my absence, work’s been crazy and some other issues have been in the way. Trench has sent me some new tips, so there’ll be a few posts up shortly.
An Australian study has been launched into children who are most likely to die a violent death at the hands of their mother’s latest fling. I don’t know what sort of recommendations the study can make, but it’s certainly a debatable point about why bad boyfriends often injure or kill offspring that don’t belong to them.
The study looks into two cases where the dick-of-the-week has killed a child. The first case is baby Jordan Anderson-Smith,
who was 7 months old when his birth vessel’s latest fling Christopher Hoerler beat him to death for crying. The dick and the birth vessel, Louise Anderson, were drinking and smoking pot at a house in Wagga Wagga, NSW on 25 February 2000. The invading dick, (whom the birth vessel had been seeing for a remarkable period of 2 months) beat baby Jordan, causing a lacerated liver, bruised pancreas, multiple broken ribs, and facial injuries. He had been punched so hard that his bottom teeth had cut through his lip and palate. Wow, Hoerler must’ve been such a tough “man” to uppercut a baby! Hoerler had also tortured the baby by crushing his toes with a metal clamp, which would have caused Jordan to scream in agony, disturbing Hoerler and prompting him to beat Jordan to death to make him be quiet. Hoerler pleaded guilty to manslaughter (because beating a baby to death is so accidental) and was originally sentenced to 11 years in prison. Then the court woke up to itself and sentenced him to 14 years.
The second case is a case that we here at BB are all too familiar with. The case of little Bailey Constable, who was beaten to death by a filthy junkie, Nathan Forrest, that his birth vessel was fucking. You can read more about Bailey Constable here.
Forensic psychologist Lillian de Bortoli, who is conducting the ground-breaking study, a number of risk factors contributed to the murders of Jordan, Bailey and countless other innocent children who have been killed or injured by bad boyfriends. The risk factors are:
- Children living with a single mother – a risk of Mum taking up with a bad boyfriend.
- Low household income – financial stress, non-working mum and boyfriend are around the kids all day, creating more opportunity for abuse.
- Male children – little boys can be seen to be more loud and assertive than little girls. The bad boyfriend may see the little boy as “competition” for Mum’s attention.
- Children under 4 years of age – they spend more time at home (more opportunity for abuse to occur), and this is the age where things such as teething, temper tantrums, toilet accidents etc. may frustrate the bad boyfriend and elicit violence.
Now this doesn’t mean that ALL children living with a single parent or with low income will be killed or exposed to violence. De Bortoli has found, that out of all of the cases of child deaths caused by abuse, that 41% were killed by the mother, 31% killed by the father, and 21% killed by a bad boyfriend. The Australian Bureau of Statistics estimates that 4% of the number of family units in Australia are made up of a biological parent and a step parent, yet male partners are responsible for the death of one in five children.
Reasons given for the murder of children by parents and bad boyfriends can be split into 5 main reasons:
- Altruistic – when the child is sick or in pain, and the parent/bad boyfriend wants to relieve the child’s suffering.
- Acute psychosis – where the parent/de facto is severely mentally ill and no other reason can be found for the child’s murder.
- Spousal revenge – where one parent kills a child to get back at the other parent.
- Abusive or accidental – where prolonged abuse eventually leads to the child’s death.
- The most common one – the child is unwanted by the bad boyfriend because they aren’t his, or is seen as a hindrance to partying ways.
I think deep down, the bad boyfriends haven’t evolved much from chimpanzees and lions, who will kill another male’s offspring in order to eliminate competing DNA and to bring the female back into heat. It’s sad to say, that in the case of Soren Chilson, that it may have worked, since Soren’s egg donor decided to get engaged to the offending piece of shit instead of being repulsed by his very existence.
It’s certainly food for thought.